At many Thanksgiving Dinner tables, family members are asked to go around the table expressing their thanks for something special in their life. The usual remarks include God, health, children, spouses, parents and world peace.
Even if this tradition does not take place today, it is the time of year that most give pause to the blessings in their life.
I am thankful for my wonderful and supportive family, neighbors and friends. My husband could not be more supportive and loving. I have three beautiful boys who care about one another. We are all relatively healthy and happy.
But today I write about what I am thankful for, but would never say at a dining room table full of people. Most people choose their cream of the crop thoughts to share among family, friends and relatives.These are not my cleaned up versions, so be prepared.
Here are some of the things I am thankful for throughout the year:
- Turning off the alarm on a day when there is no school.
- When my friend brings over her recycled New Yorker magazines.
- Nutella for breakfast.
- A sink clear of dishes. This does not happen often enough.
- When all the kids are tucked in for the night and I can sit bundled under a blanket watching my favorite show.
- Ben pooping on the potty.
- Remembering to make a grocery list and actually bringing it to the store.
- Having gas in the car.
- Nutella for snack.
- Coming up with a brilliant dinner idea by 4pm that includes something healthy.
- Mondays and Thursdays - kids buy their lunch.
- Having a relaxing date night with Ryan.
- My exterminator, thanks Lee.
- Getting Ben's orthotics and shoes on before the bus arrives at our door.
- Authors who write fiction novels that allow me to escape reality for a little while.
- Air freshener in my car - covers all smells well.
Amen to giving thanks for Nutella!!!ReplyDelete
I only "discovered" it a few months ago. I have missed out on years of Nutella.ReplyDelete