Ryan and I will be a team competing in the Mecklenburg Parks and Recreation's Therapeutic Recreation Department's Amazing Race on Saturday, March 12, 2011. And we are in it to win it!
In yesterday's post, I said we are looking for people to help on our virtual pit crew. Here are ways for you to get involved:
1. What's in a name? Help us determine our team name. Submit your ideas in the comment section.
2. Raising the Dough - In order to raise funds for our $50 registration fee and the summer camp scholarship fund and spread the word about this website, we are offering these two-sided bookmarks for $10 each. $7 of each bookmark purchased will be sent directly to the registration and Summer Camp Scholarship Fund.
firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know how many you would like to order. I will send the first set of orders to Snapfish by Friday, December 31.
3. We are here to pump you up. Send us your suggestions on how to train for this race. You've watched the real Amazing Race, what pitfalls could they have avoided if only they had listened to you?
4. If you won't join us, beat us. Form your own team and compete against us. Register with Margot Howell at 704-432-4328 or Margot.Howell@mecklenburgcountync.gov or check out the website at Therapeutic Recreation.
5. What good are fans? Plenty good enough for us, Mr. Dylan. Follow on Facebook.