This is a great activity to do next week when the kids are off from school.
|Set table ahead of time.|
- Approx a 12” x 12” cardboard or baking pan covered tightly in tin foil. This will serve as the platform for the house. If you use a baking pan, make sure it is not one you will need soon.
- A cardboard foundation for the house such as individual juice boxes (taped together), box from snacks, cut off the bottom of a ½ gallon OJ or milk carton. This will determine the size of your house. I recommend small.
- Tape the foundation firmly to the cardboard.
- Chewing gum – Big Red
- Red Hots
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Coconut flakes for snow
- Mini marshmallows
- Tootsie Rolls
- Green leaf candy
- Gum drops, assorted colors
- Red & White Peppermint candies
- Mini candy canes
The Edible Glue: Royal Icing Recipe
3 egg whites - frothy
· 1 lb confectioner's sugar - about 4 cups
· Sift with 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
· Add together
· Beat 5-10 minutes until right consistency
Keep covered with wet paper towel so it does not dry out.