To begin, we ate everything in the pantry and freezer. I realized I am a collector of food. I like to have it around just in case we might need something for a recipe. Now I am planning out our meals and buying what we need for the recipes for the current week. I actually use a calculator as I walk through the store so I do not go over my allotted amount.
We each carry a credit card hidden deep in our wallets in case of an emergency. So far, no emergencies.
And after a month of this, I have asked myself these questions:
- Is it less convenient? Yes.
- Will I go back to debit cards? Possibly, but not yet.
- Am I paying down some bills? Yes.
- Are the tradeoffs worth it? So far, yes.
- Is anyone suffering from the changes? I have not seen any yet, nor have I heard complaints.