This year 11 children built graham cracker houses at our annual party. Recipe and directions below.
Everyone brings for each house being built:
- Approx a 12” x 12” cardboard or baking pan covered tightly in tin foil. This will serve as the platform for the house. If you use a baking pan, make sure it is not one you will need soon.
- A cardboard foundation for the house such as individual juice boxes (taped together), box from snacks, cut off the bottom of a ½ gallon OJ or milk carton. This will determine the size of your house. I recommend small.
- One box (or more for larger house) of honey graham crackers – any brand.
- Tape the foundation firmly to the cardboard.
Sample Supply List
- Mini marshmallows
- Tootsie Rolls
- Green leaf candy
- Gum drops, assorted color
- Red & White Peppermint candies
- Mini candy canes
- Chewing gum – Big Red – several packs
- Meringue Powder
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Rod pretzels – long and short
- Ziplock bags
Royal Icing is the edible glue that holds the graham crackers and candy together.
3T meringue powder
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
Mix together, put about a tablespoon of icing in snack size Ziplock bag and clip corner. Each child will need at least one bag of icing for their house.